Home

Are hermie seeds worth keeping

Hermie seeds are great to hang on to practice cross breeding. if you have more than one plant pollinate one. then keep the seeds and see what the percentage is on how many females vs males vs hermies. i think it would be quite a surprise on how many females you get. thats all the seed banks do. but they add somethin to the plant to up your chances of more females and less hermies I started a hermie seed ~4 weeks ago. No sign of balls yet. I am not breeding any of these just interested in seeing the results. We have 12 fem BKR plants going. The seeds used are from a hermie plant. These will continue to grow in their 4 pots until done. I will most likely dedicate a 400 hps for these at some point Are Hermie plants worth keeping? Now you might not get as many viable seeds, but absolutely worth keeping around IMO. As long as they're grown in optimal conditions, they should produce nice buds. Not to mention Hermie seeds can produce some potent cannabis due to the fact that they are considered Survivors

Are seeds from a stressed out hermie worth keeping? 420

1. are hermie's worth keeping? Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nilram04, Apr 20, 2009. nilram04 Registered User. Joined: Jun 10, 2008 Messages: 67 Likes Received: 114 #1 nilram04, Apr 20, 2009. If a grower's only plant turns out hermie,is it worthwhile to proceed on? Will this evdevor produce any smokable bud at all
  2. Hermaphrodites are generally not favored by growers because once it releases pollen, it will destroy a sinsemillia crop and will self-pollinate. Sinsemilla crops are very potent plants—the best kind of marijuana according to reviews of growers and users. It will also pollinate any other female crop in the room
  3. ize the seeds from your hermie plants
  4. 3. Sep 29, 2020. #2. Usually the genetic trait is passed down through the seeds so there is a possibility of a hermie. However. I've seen some pretty good offspring from hermies. If you have no other option. By all means. But make sure there are separated from your good crop and monitor them a few times daily in case

Are Hermie seeds worth saving? Rollitu

HERMIE seeds (are they worth growing?) Welcome to UK420. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting. -All legit information. Makes sense there would be some more hermies in those seeds, especially if it is a genetic trait in the strain. Might just let it seed out, keep the seeds and eventually plant them just to see what happens. I agree with Smokesteve that the ease of getting quality seeds these days might make the hermie a waste of time Out of 8 seeds, 7 were female one was herm off the bat. By finish only 1 didn't herm back up, I culled the others on the way to harvest.. Smoke was far less potent than the mother as well, that's worth noting.. obviously it's a small sample size only growing 8 seeds, but 7 of them being hermorphadite is a pretty convincing number for me. If I. Reaction score. 6,069. Points. 0. Jun 25, 2016. #8. I'm for throwing them away, like in the trash can or toilet lol. Everything Waira said, it's just more headache than it's worth lol. Plus, ya don't really want hermie genetics to leak out into your grow environment, nor the outside environment in the big picture

Hermies - is it worth growing out their seeds? Rollitu

Are Hermie plants worth keeping

1. I kept seeds from a Dutch Passion Blueberry fem that hermied - just a few low down late in flowering, not all over 3 weeks into 12/12 like it does nowadays. It also produced a few hermies low down late, but was a good smoke. 4 people like this Posted July 5, 202
  2. A hard seed is a mature seed and pulpy seeds are usually premature and have lesser chances of growing into a proper plant. Apart from the hardness of the seed you also need to take a closer look at the color of the seed. Make sure that the seed you are buying is brown or black in color and not green or yellow
  3. As most know I had two strains going, 11 stinky sweet pea and 6 cave.. all 11 stinky sweet pea have awesome flowers up top and pollen sacks on the lower branches, some have only 1 sac.. these plants were vegd for 5 weeks and they are on their 2nd week of flower.. is it worth keeping the hermis..
  4. ized seeds should produce only 100% female plants, with no hermies or male plants. So starting with fe
  5. Are Hermie plants worth keeping? As far as I understand, hermie seeds are definitely worth keeping. When you find a bag seed you have a 65% chance she's a female. When you pull seeds off a Hermie, you get an 85% chance she's female

are hermie's worth keeping? Grasscity Forums - The #1

1. Millones de Productos que Comprar! Envío Gratis en Pedidos desde $59
  2. It is worth trying a few. Maybe one or two at a time, a number that is easy to keep a very close eye on. The herm could have been an environmental cause, which may not happen in your environment. You know the potential to herm is there but I wouldn't consider it a given. If it was fire and you really enjoyed the plant, do it man. Plant a few
  3. So like I said at the start of the thread if your hermie seeds u plant have a great condition for growing (no stress) then u will get a female with ur seeds . thanks for your input but I will keep suggesting to people they use the hermie seeds. As I've 90% of the time hear good things about hermie seeds and I'm living proof hermie seeds r great
  4. Heat above 80° F and / or light cycle interruptions (power outages or 'planned' interruptions) do stress the plants as well as stress from root rot (brown algae blooms). I have had grows that with keeping the temperature below 80° F (water temperature below 70° F) and without any light interruptions have not produced few, if any, seeds. #3. 3
  5. The title say it all i got several plants pollini .i got a hermie from a seed of a landrace i supose because its growing in the same place for over 10 years, i cut the hermie when i reaLIze but it was to late for some plants that pop a lot of seeds, i wonder if this seeds are bad quality to gro
  6. ized strains via their third-party reseller. This was a reputable Dutch seed house that operates with honor and ethics. However, when I had two different strains go hermie that were from a Cannabis Cup-winning North American seed breeder, they refused to comp me one iota
  7. ant. Most growers are not willing to risk the time and expense of growing plants with such high risk. Click to expand..

As for the seeds, bin them, not all of them will turn out hermie plants, but a good percentage will so it's not worth the risk. As for the one about a pollinated plant not turning hermie, haven't heard that one, and can't claim to know for certain, but I'm calling bullshit, so keep a close eye on the others The reason is that seedy buds are worth less than sinsemilla (unseeded buds). Therefore, if you find a seed in your bud, it likely was the result of either bad growing practices (male plants weren't removed in time) or due to some type of problem (plants were stressed and self-pollinated, which means the next generation is most likely to do so)

Hermie seeds good or no good - The Harvest - I Love

6 Reasons to Keep Male Marijuana Plants. One of the first things most marijuana growers learn is to throw away male marijuana plants. If you don't, they will pollinate the females. They'll put seeds in the bud and decrease the amount of THC present in the final product. Their pollen is virile and sneaky 17. Reaction score. 0. Dec 5, 2006. #1. My ladies are 2 weeks into flowering and are looking good. Since this is my first grow, I am not really sure what my buds are supposed to look like. I see all the white fuzzy hairs and what seems to be little sacks all around the bottom of the new buds and at the joints in the stalk and brances Hermie plants are not easily recognized at the beginning of the flowering stage. Some will likely demonstrate female sex, but later on, the flowering phase shows becoming a hermie and bear seeds. No one would like to see seeds in their buds. Hence, it will be good to know the early signs of hermie plants. Understanding Hermie

yes man , ghs are not the best seedbank out there imo, breeding with their stock is pretty pointless and then with the added hermie issues is really not worth it at all, breeding or crossing would be good with some regular seeds in the male female form so you can see how different plants develop different traits level 2. 2Supra4U. 2 years ago. there will only be seeds if they are using shitty genetics or lack of oversight. they either exposed males/pollen to their op or what they grew hermied due to genetics. either way, shows they lack quality, whatever LP it is. you wouldn't want those seeds if its genetics

This means any seed you groom from this plant, has a good chance of being a hermie too. Hermaphrodite cannabis plants can be used for breeding, and over time the hermie gene will be bred out and the strain will be stabilized. You can also force a plant to hermie, to create your own feminized seeds. You can find a guide on this process here People Also Asked, Will a hermie produce buds? Similarly, it is asked, will a Hermie produce buds?Answer: Yes, this plant is a hermie / hermaphrodite. One of the biggest worries with a hermie (plant with both female and male parts) is that the pollen sacs will burst and pollenate your flowers. This will seed your buds.In other words, this will causes your buds to start focusing on. Cannabis plants are monecious. This means they have the ability to be either male or female. Or in the case of hermaphroditism, they can be both. The reason to make sure there are no males or hermaphrodites in your garden is because male flowers make pollen. When pollen touches the white hairs on a flower, it makes a seed, and seeded weed gives. 3 Important advantages of regular cannabis seeds (vs feminized) 'Back in the day' the only way to grow weed with seeds were 'regular' seeds. The classic way nature intended them to be. So from a seed you either got a male or a female plant. But most growers grow cannabis to harvest the buds which they can smoke, so they're mainly interested in.

It will be worth it for you to read on the strains you want to grow, where to purchase the best seeds, and giving your plant the best-growing environment to avoid hermaphrodite development. Also, keep in mind the differences between a male and female, which can be quite easy to spot thanks to their distinct traits But as feminized seeds continue to become more reliable (99% success, remember?), we think more and more people will turn to this time- and money-saving option. 10-seed pack of regular cannabis seeds for $85 = 5 female plants = $16/plant. 10-seed pack of feminized cannabis seeds for $100 = 10 female plants = $10/plant Sounds like a tounge twister. I always thought if a plant hermied it was all hollow seeds. I am only buying reg seeds from rep breeders. Cutting down on anything hermie. These breeders that sell fem seeds and dont stablize the strain. Man were wastimg our money 45 votes, 34 comments. 259k members in the microgrowery community. Dedicated to the cultivation of cannabis. We love pictures of your plants &

48. May 3, 2021. #1. just harvested my first plant; a Blue Dream Autoflower that had gotten pollinated by another blue dream and came up with the below pile of seeds from it. To me they look very white and not like the seeds i have bought or found in dispensary weed Hermie seed from Green Crack experiment cannabis grow journal. Strains: Quebec Cannabis Seeds - Green Crack week1 by TheWhiteRussian. Grow room Outdoor, growing in Soil. Grow conditions, techniques, grower comments

Are Seeds from a Hermie Plant Feminized? - WeedBon

1. Tim Alchimia 2021-07-21 Hi Aaron, thanks for your comment and question. There's no reason that tomato or strawberry plants would have any negative effect on the sex of the plant, in fact, any ethylene (a plant hormone associated with ripening) emitted by the strawberry or tomato fruit would have the positive effect of encouraging the development of female flowers in the cannabis plants
  2. ized autoflowering seed have the double benefit of quick harvesting and no need to identify plant sexes. Autoflowering marijuana seeds produce small plants, which are ideal for outdoor growing. These seeds can be planted in a single area, so you can grow one for every square foot. They are easy to grow and take only 10 weeks to harvest
  3. ized seeds, or genetically modified ovules designed to only develop into females

Are seeds from hermies any good? THCFarmer - Cannabis

1. Bag Seeds Meaning. Suppose you buy some buds in a 'bag' (a zip lock). You expect the buds to be high quality which means—among other things—that they'll be without seeds. The buds really do look, smell and taste great, and make you high, too. However, when grinding them, you find a seed or two. And this is what we call 'bag seeds'
  2. imize any hermies. Good Luc
  3. BUY FEMINIZED SEEDS. Keep a close eye on your pollinated female to make sure you harvest her seeds at a suitable time. Mature marijuana seeds will not be green, but rather will be some sort of brown color. Once the seeds are mature enough, simply use your fingers to take them out. Label the container with the seeds and then refrigerate them all

Page 1 of 2 - Hermie question - posted in Growing Techniques: Hoping some experienced heads can help answer a question on Hermie seeds I seem to be getting conflicted info from dr google So a I have a female plant that Hermied due to environment factors not genetics. That plant is pulled out ASAP but still pollinates the other females. Are those seeds feminized, Hermie or mixture of the two What are feminized cannabis seeds? If you will ask most cannabis growers what their dream is, there are high chances that they will answer a garden filled with female plants only. It is an unpleasant feeling to have to throw away a plant you grew from a seed, just because you realize that it is a male plant.But, at the same time, when there are males there's also the risk of pollination. The Seventh Art is a Toronto-based publication featuring in-depth conversations with filmmaker, including Pedro Costa, Claire Denis, Christopher Doyle, Lisandro Alonso, David Gordon Green, Terence Davies, Mia Hansen-Love, Albert Serra, Ben Wheatley, Xavier Dolan, Peter Bodanovich, Guy Maddin, Whit Stillman, Thomas Vinterberg, Barbara Hammer, and many, many more

The rate at which one finds a 'keeper' dramatically increases with high quality seeds. For instance, it could take several packs of cheaper genetics before you find one worth keeping (sometimes you may not even find it at all). Where as with high end breeders, you're almost certain to find at least one keeper in a pack of seeds you pop The plant is not going hermie from bad genetics. Let it go longer if you do this as seeds need a bit more time to ripen than buds. Nah man, then they carry a hermie gene close in there Liniage, the seeds are more likely to be hermie, or will easily hermie, if the genes are there Original Sensible Seeds' Bruce Banner #3 Detailed Grow Diary. I was a little surprised at how long it took for Bruce Banner #3 to reach maturity - a full 12 weeks. That seems like a long time in comparison to many of the 10-week strains out there, but the quality is worth it. The Vegetative Stage: 5 Weeks From Seed

The female plant is now ready to shoot out some pistils, so you'll have no doubts that you've got yourself a lady.. By the way, what matters most during the flowering process is the 12 hours of darkness. The absence of light is a more relevant indicator for the plant to begin its flowering stage than the presence of light Whether you're growing professionally or for personal reasons, ensuring that your harvest is 100% female is worth your time and energy. Not to mention, it's the best way to make use of all your materials. Keep reading to learn more about how to feminize cannabis seeds. Why Feminizing Seeds is Importan

HERMIE seeds (are they worth growing?) - General Growing

Feminized seeds are seeds that have been specially designed to produce female plants. Properly produced feminized seeds should net female plants roughly 95 percent of the time. They also tend to grow more quickly and are less finicky about their grow environments which significantly reduces the likelihood of seedy weed or hermaphroditic plants Marijuana seeds not in breeder pack (a breeder pack is the original packaging that the seed breeding company sells its seeds in). Wrong seeds/too few seeds/defective seeds/cracked seeds/hermaphroditic seeds. You order feminized seeds and get non-feminized, or vice versa. Or, your feminized cannabis seeds grow out to be hermie

Keeping this in consideration, can you top an Autoflower? Topping must be done when the plant has 3-4 nodes, but since autoflowers begin flowering by the third or fourth week, the plant should display 4 nodes by the beginning of week 3. Try not to cut too much since stress can severely reduce the yields.Do not Top or FIM if the plant has been overwatered or under-watered What is photosynthesis summary? Photosynthesis is the process in which light energy is converted to chemical energy in the form of sugars. In a process driven by light energy, glucose molecules (or other sugars) are constructed from water and carbon dioxide, and oxygen is released as a byproduct Gorilla Glue #4 was accidently created by Joesy Whales when some Chem Sis plants he was growing hermied and pollinated his Sour Dubb. Tired of seeded gardens, Joesy tossed out the strain. But his buddy, Mardogg, still had some seeds. Mardogg popped the beans years later and ended up with 4 pheno's of the GG, deciding #4 was worth keeping The Gorilla Glue #4 strain is a balanced hybrid with slightly sativa-leaning effects. Also called Original Glue, it is a cross of Chocolate Diesel, Sour Dubb, and Chem's Sister.This strain gets its name from its extremely sticky buds. Indeed, the resin level is so high that growers often complain that their scissors get stuck together when trimming Planted 7 and could only keep 4. Not 100 percent stable as I had hermie at 3 week stage in flower but worth the watch for a hermie. Buying again so I can have some mothers with a tap root and get the 3 weaker again. Subscribe to our newsletter to get an instant 30% discount on your next order and a chance to win free seeds worth US$100.

Looking for a healthy and fresh treat that your hamster loves and deserves? Look no more! Seed Snack is filled with protein and seeds that your hamster will love.Ingredients -Chia seeds, thistle seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, and egg. Size - Comes in packs of 10, 20, 30, 50, or 100. Feeding Instruction unless its next to a bunch of females its worth growing.Why not have some bud with a little bit of seeds.You can even use some of the seeds for your next grow.It will be way better than having to buy some seedy shit from a dealer or even having to buy some at all Hello Everyone so I have some really good bag seed that I got from some crazy purple bud. Now I had gotten a few batches with no seeds then I got a few batches and I got like 30-40 seeds out of like an OZ or two. Now I'm not sure if this means these seeds are from a hermie plant or what but does that mean these seeds are not worth me trying to grow outdoors in my green house? I don't wanna. Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more I think that a hermie, due to environment, that makes seeds, is worth checking out. I was gonna say plant one or two to check them out but I see you are well past that stage, lol. It's going to be interesting to see how those do

Seeds from a Hermie - GrowWeedEasy

Jan 14, 2020. #20. When you use feminized seed stock as breed stock, the results can vary. If the feminized stock had some hermie tendencies to begin with, it can pass that on. If the feminized stock didn't have hermie tendencies, not likely to pass on what it doesn't have genetically I had a plant go hermie on me back in 2004 before I even knew what a hermie was and the whole plant was seeded. Great bud but had no idea why it was seeded. One of my buddies ran some of the seeds and got all females. The end result was killer bud and no seeds. So they could be worth a run but then again you may find some will herm out on you

are autoflower hermie seeds feminized or will they grow to

Making feminized seeds. A hermaphrodite plant is often use din the creation of feminized seeds. A hermaphrodite plant will be introduced to a crop of female cannabis plants while using hormones and other chemicals. The results will be mostly female or feminized seeds that will have a higher rate of creating pure females So are the seeds you may find in the feminized plants you grew this summer worth saving , giving away ??? Some look good , fat and brown.... Are they fertile? With no males present in the outdoor grow are the seeds a result of stress? Plants were very healthy, barely a catapillar bite from a leaf.. 2. Apr 16, 2021. #11. Sistermaryelephant said: or not , why would you breed something that for starters was supposed to be a auto and wasn't. Having pollen is great , shit unknown pollen isn't worth shit. Then to think of X it with a nice strain , just take clones or is that a auto too The seeds could be feminized seeds, or they could be regular seeds (a mix of male and female seeds). So keep an eye out for males, so you can remove them and isolate them in another tent or kill them. Also keep an eye out for hermies. Isolate or kill them too. Isolate in a separate tent or room only if you WANT to crossbreed that with something

No they don't, this is a common misconception. If males could create the seeds they wouldn't need a female for reproduction and evolution/nature never would of given us marijuana. Males create pollen sacks that burst open sending the pollen inside.. before the year 2000 there was no fem seeds avalible! dutch passion accidently did some shit and endet up with a hermie seeded plant and they sad lets krack the fokkers and then their seed revouloution change all shit broke losse and all seed prices raised to doublle the prices for the same amount of seeds then the seeds was cut to 5 insted of. Feminised seeds are produced by growing a plant multiple generations and even after stress or whatever still doesn't show a hermie trait or very rarely shows it then they administer Gibberellic Acid, a hormone, to induce male flowers on the plant, since the male and or hermie traits are either absent, masked, or completely masked they have a.

Video: Are hermie seeds any good? The Autoflower Networ

Seed integrity given plants pollinated by a Hermie

amongst the order were 'rocksters cheese' these all foxtailed and looked great but grew no actual bud, smelt ok bit cheesey but the stone was next to zero, charlottes angel cbd was perfect cured ailments 100% alas a few seeds in this hermie plant, got worse next round so much so i have binned this strain, so had 5 replacement feminised free. How to distinguish males from females in cannabis growing. Marijuana (cannabis sativa sp.) is a dioecious or unisexual plant, what means that it produces male and female flowers in different individuals, although we can find both types of flowers in hermaphrodite plants. We call males those plants that produce male flowers, and females those producing female flowers

How big is a fish? In recreational cannabis in WA state clones are available for prices between $3 and $20 each. Small plants in one gallon pots are available between $10 and $30 each. Small plants available in two gallon pots are available for $1.. So 3 of the 4 are hermie. The plant in the last post just has that ball and the node above is all female. Is it even worth trying to crush the ball, and see if it throws more? The plant that hasnt shown balls yet dosnt have all 4 female calyxes, just 3 and a open spot? Is this a sign of a potential hermie Male Plants, Hermies & Bananas. Remove plants with both male pollen sacs and female flowers (hermies) to avoid pollination/seeds! You may also see yellow bananas (stamens) growing on the buds. A stamen normally grows inside a male pollen sac but sometimes they appear directly on female buds, especially in times of stress

Seeds are small and most are hermie! It is easy to sort seeds, yet these clowns sent mostly small male and hermie seeds. They should change their name to Just Malized since I see few female plants. The female auto plants that did grow are runts due to weak seeds. Avoid this seller, their prices are dirt cheap for a reason Step 9: Poke a Trench, Plant & Spray. Use your finger tips to make a shallow trench in their substrate near the light source. Add a sprinkling of seeds and cover them. Spray them with water. In about two days you'll see the sprouts. Your crabs will start munching on them soon after and soon the garden will be gone The main stressors that might cause a marijuana plant to become a hermaphrodite include: Photoperiod changes or disruptions. Temperatures being too high, or other environmental issues that the plant doesn't thrive in. Leaving the harvesting until it is too late. Broken or damaged parts of the plant. Too much or too little water The result was every cannabis cultivators' nightmare — seeded buds that carry the hermie trait. The value of Original Glue seeds are worth their weight in gold, and you'll find nothing but fire when you grow them out. the ideal relative humidity range is between 40-45%. If you keep the temperature and humidity within this zone.

A Beginner's Guide To Hermaphrodite Cannabis Plants. Weed 101: You don't want your buds to have seeds in them. Even a novice smoker understands why. If you don't remove the seeds your smoke will be harsh and nasty, and it's a major pain having to pick seeds out of buds. When you buy from a dispensary or reputable dealer, you shouldn't. Keep plants with large and hollow stems and get rid of any stems with too much pith (spongy white tissue). There is a link between stem type and THC content. Pick males with tight, dense flowers and get rid of any with a loose and airy structure. Focus on males with the best odor I have still not decided whether this Lefty plant is worth keeping or not. Seems like her genetics are really on the bad side. This is why you can see there another Super Silver Haze sprout in a cup, this could be a replacement. I will stomach somehow three weeks difference. But I don't want to nurture a plant that could be hermie. Anyways The first reason being that feminized weed seeds come from hermie plants. Whichever way you look at it, the specially treated plants are hermed and this trait is often expressed in the offspring where conditions are less than optimal. Keep those mediums moist and those rH levesl at 70. This will help to improve those female to male ratios.